Local Officials and Experts Join on Jan. 21
Orange County, FL – Mayor Teresa Jacobs will host the 2016 Orange County Economic Summit to discuss the expanding economy, economic development and tech entrepreneurship. The event will be held at the Orange County Convention Center on Thursday, Jan. 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
WHAT: Mayor Jacobs will be joined by elected officials, local experts and distinguished panelists including:
- Sean Snaith, Ph.D., Director of the University of Central Florida Institute for Economic Competitiveness
- Sean Snaith, Ph.D., will present his annual economic update. Snaith is the director of the University of Central Florida’s Institute for Economic Competitiveness and a nationally recognized economist in the field of business and economic forecasting.
- Rick Weddle, CEO of Orlando Economic Development Commission (EDC)
- Tech Entrepreneur Panel moderated by Jerry Ross, Executive Director of the National Entrepreneur Center. Panelists include:
- Donna Mackenzie, Executive Director of FireSpring Fund
- Josh Brown, Founder and CEO of PowerDMS
- Phil Dumas, Founder of Unikey Technologies
- Richard Licursi, Managing Partner and Co-Founder of venVelo
WHERE: Orange County Convention Center, West Concourse, Tangerine Ballroom
WHEN: Thursday, January 21, 2016, from 8:30 to 11 a.m.
BACKGROUND: The Mayor’s annual Economic Summit was launched in 2013 following a series of nine economic and job summits designed to examine the area’s varied needs. Those meetings, which were held in 2011 and 2012, focused on key geographic regions and industries such as life sciences, clean technology and international trade.
Editor’s Note: Media will be provided with audio mult and an unobstructed view from a platform in the middle of ballroom. Mayor Jacobs, Sean Snaith, Ph.D., Director of the University of Central Florida Institute for Economic Competitiveness and other panelists will be available for interviews immediately following the event. Media will be parked for close access and a live clean feed for video will be provided by Orange TV. For additional technical questions and support contact Orange TV at 407-222-5372 or email Mike.Seif@ocfl.net.
# # #
About Orange County Government: Orange County Government strives to serve its citizens and guests with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. Located in Central Florida, Orange County includes 13 municipalities and is home to world famous theme parks, the nation’s second largest convention center, and a thriving life science research park. Seven elected members make up the Board of County Commissioners including the Mayor who is elected countywide. For more information please visit www.OCFL.net or go to the Orange County facebook and twitter pages.