Orange County, FL – UPDATE: Media Advisory
The Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office has the following information to report regarding the status of their operations. As of June 14 at 3:30 p.m.:
- All forty-nine (49) victims and the suspect connected to Pulse Nightclub Orlando shooting have been identified.
- The immediate next of kin for all forty-nine (49) victims have been notified through the help of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Autopsies are required to be conducted in all cases of homicide. The Medical Examiner (ME) expects to complete all autopsies within the next few hours.
- This is an active criminal investigation, therefore, the autopsy results and any reports generated will not release at this time. This includes funeral home information.
- Of the 49 victims, 20 victims have been released to a funeral home.
- The Orange County ME facility is equipped to manage mass casualty incidents of this size without the need to establish temporary morgues.
- Florida Emergency Mortuary Operations Response System (FEMOR) is providing direct operational support which includes additional physicians and technical staff.
- Local staff continues to work around the clock to complete the identification and autopsy process, so that families can proceed with arrangements for their loved ones.
- Plans for press availability are underway and will be released as soon as possible.
# # #
About Orange County Government: Orange County Government strives to serve its citizens and guests with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. Located in Central Florida, Orange County includes 13 municipalities and is home to world famous theme parks, the nation’s second largest convention center, and a thriving life science research park. Seven elected members make up the Board of County Commissioners including the Mayor who is elected countywide. For more information please visit www.OCFL.net or go to the Orange County facebook and twitter pages.