1. How to receive property from an inmate:
- If the inmate IS housed in the Booking & Release Center (BRC), the person authorized to receive the property can report to BRC (this includes Attorney’s, Bondsmen, and out-of-town visitors)
- Inmates NOT housed at BRC MUST complete a property release form (10-1007) and mail it to the individual authorized to receive the property.
- Once the form is received the person authorized to receive the property can report to BRC.
- A valid driver’s license or state identification card IS required to receive inmate property.
Delays can occur during shift changes at the following times: 5:30 a.m. – 6:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
2. How to drop off property for an inmate:
All incoming property will be searched for contraband and the person dropping off the property will be required to read and sign a Florida Statute 951.22 County Detention Facilities – Contraband Articles form. Approved property items can be dropped off at the Video Visitation Center between the hours of 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
Approved property includes:
- Court clothing (pants, shirt, shoes, dress socks, jacket, clip-on tie, dress, skirt and blouse)
- Prescription eye-wear (sunglasses are not authorized).
- Contacts, and saline solutions (sealed vials/bottles). Note: Contact solutions will be delivered to the inmate only if the inmate does not have any funds in their account. If funds are available the contact solution will be placed in the inmates property.