• Invocation—District 3
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Presentation of proclamation designating the week of August 6 through August 12, 2006 as "Firefighter Appreciation Week"
• Presentation of proclamation designating Monday, August 7, 2006 as "First Day of School Celebration"
I. CONSENT AGENDA
II. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
III. DISCUSSION AGENDA
A. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1. Selection of one firm and two ranked alternates to provide Law Enforcement Consultant Services for a Management Study of the Sheriffs Office, Request for
Proposals Y6-626-NW, from the following three firms, listed alphabetically:
• Carroll Buracker & Associates, Inc.
• Matrix Consulting Group
([Fiscal Management Department] Purchasing and Contracts Division) Page 223-225
2. Selection of one firm and two ranked alternates to provide Continuing Professional Engineering and Environmental Services for the Pine Hills Landfills, Request for Proposals Y6-900-B, from the following three firms, listed alphabetically:
• Camp Dresser McKee, Inc.
• EPS, Inc.
• URS Corporation
([Public Works Engineering Division] Purchasing and Contracts Division) Page 226-231
3. Approval to award Invitation for Bids Y5-711-DB, Innovation Way (Alafaya Trail Extension) from North of the Beachline Expressway (S.R. 528) to Avalon Park
Boulevard, to the low responsive and responsible bidder, Jr. Davis Construction Company. The total contract award amount is $26,376,175.49. ([Highway
Construction Division] Purchasing and Contracts Division) Page 232-233
B. PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
1. Traffic Calming Devices. (Traffic Engineering Division) Page 234
C. HEALTH AND FAMILY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1. Approval of a $150,000, one-time capital appropriation in the FY 07 budget for Threshold, Inc. The funds will be utilized to assist with the construction of a clinic to serve individuals with severe developmental disabilities. The site is located on
North Goldenrod Road. Page 235
• Arts and Cultural Affairs Advisory Board recognition of Commissioner Hartage
• Presentation of resolution supporting the 3rd National Arts Program Exhibit and 2nd Annual Employee Performing Arts Contest
• Presentation of Employee Service Awards to:
Raymond J. Welsh (20), Parks and Recreation, Community & Environmental Services; Darrell D. Laxton (25), David E. Estes (25), In-Custody Security, Terry Lee Curtis (20) In-Custody Support, Corrections; Harold R. Cole (40), Lawrence W. Stone Jr. (20), James A. Joiner (20), Johnnie W. Morris Sr. (20), Richard W.
Marcotte (20), Henry J. Lesky (20), Robert J. Jopling, (35), Operations, Kenneth R. Henderson (20), Training and Information, William E. Sturgeon (20), Department Office, and Christopher L. Dobson (20),Communications, Fire Rescue; Joseph C. Kunkel (20), Engineering, Public Works; A C King (30), Water, Utilities.
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Petitions to Vacate
1. Applicant: Sean M. Moore; No. 06-13, portion of right-of-way; District 2
2. Applicant: Mario Prieto for Gondola Development, LLC; No. 06-16, portion of right-of-way; District 4
3. Ponkan Ridge Phase I, termination of various agreements/resolutions, District 2
4. Enclave at Lake Jean, establish for general lake cleaning maintenance and aquatic plant control, District 5
C. Planning and Zoning Commission Board-Called
5. Applicant: Daniel L. Roberts, Gotha Subdivision; Case RZ-05-12-158, April 20, 2006; District 1-continued from June 13, 2006
D. Preliminary Subdivision Plans (PSPs)
6. Terra Bona Planned Development-Terra Bona PSP, District 2
7. Rose Townhomes PSP, District 2
8. Carlie Place, Cleburne Road Planned Development-Carlie Place PSP, District 5
E. Development Review Committee Appeal
9. Appellant: Butch Allen, Justen Properties, LLC
Applicant: Lance Bennett, Isles of Lake Hancock Planned Development Phase III/ Amended Land Use Plan, District 1
F. Planning and Zoning Commission Board-Called
10. Applicant: Joel R. West, Valencia Community College Planned Development; Case RZ-05-09-109, April 20, 2006; District 1-continued from June 13, 2006.
G. Planning and Zoning Commission Appeal and Board-Called
11. Appellant: Thomas J. Grimes Applicant: Cristobal Carrasquel; Case RZ-06-03-044, April 20, 2006; District 4-continued from June 27, 2006
H. Substantial Change
12. Applicant: Becky Furman, Kensington Planned Development/Land Use Plan (PD/LUP); amend LUP; District 3