Enjoy 22.26 miles of paved Trail from the Orange/Lake County line, the town of Killarney and Oakland, the city of Winter Garden, across U.S. 441, through downtown Apopka to Welch Road. Stop and enjoy the butterfly garden at the Tildenville outpost!
West Orange Trail Map
Be Trail Smart: Follow These Guidelines
- Trails are open from sunrise to sunset.
- Plan your route and inform others of your destination.
- Buddy up: travel with a friend.
- Carry a cell phone so you can communicate and access trail maps.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not use head phones.
- Helmets are required by law for all bicyclists under age 16 and are recommended for everyone.
- Bicycles must follow all traffic laws of the State of Florida and obey all traffic controls and signals (Florida Statutes 316.2065). All users must yield at crossings and intersections.
- Give a clear warning signal when passing.
- Stay to the right except when passing.
- Use the nearest yellow Emergency Response System Marker to pinpoint your location. Call 911 for emergencies. Call 311 for information and to report non-emergency issues.
- Bicyclists, skaters and skateboarders must maintain control and yield to walkers and runners. Using skateboards, bikes and skates on any fixture other than the trail is prohibited.
- Pets must be controlled on a leash no greater than 6 feet. Owners are required to clean up after their pets.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Notice of consent to inspection: Every person entering an Orange County Park, upon request by an enforcement officer shall exhibit the contents of any container. Compliance with such a request is a condition of entry to a Park (Orange County Code Sections 29-56 & 29-57).
- No motorized vehicles except law enforcement, emergency responders and maintenance vehicles. Electric mobility devices are permitted by persons with mobility related disabilities.
- Class 1 and Class 2 electric bikes (e-bikes) may be operated on Orange County paved trails. A Class 1 e-bike is equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the e-bike reaches the speed of 20 miles per hour; a Class 2 e-bike is equipped with a motor that may be used exclusively to propel the e-bike and that ceases to provide assistance when the e-bike reaches the speed of 20 miles per hour. Class 3 e-bikes are prohibited from all Orange County trails; a Class 3 e-bike is equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the e-bike reaches the speed of 28 miles per hour.
- Traveling speeds in excess of 20 miles per hour, or any speeds beyond which a controlled and safe stop cannot be made within 10 feet, are discouraged.
Multi-Use Trail Guidelines
- Bicyclists, skaters and skateboarders must be in control and yield to horseback riders, walkers and runners.
- When meeting horseback riders, slow down and move along side of the trail.
- When passing horses from behind, speak in a normal voice and announce your presence.
- Horseback riders must be in control at all times.
- Horseback riders must yield before crossing a paved trail.
- Stay on open trails and respect private property. Leave no trace and never scare animals.
Bike rentals are available on the West Orange Trail at:
Killarney Station in Oakland
West Orange Trail Bikes and Blades 407-877-0600
17914 SR 438, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Saturday, Sunday and holidays 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Winter Garden Station
Wheelworks 407-877-7433 or Rentals@wgwheelworks.com
455 E. Plant St., Winter Garden, FL 34787
Open Sunday through Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.