West Orange Trail Map
Be Trail Smart: Follow These Guidelines
- Trails are open from sunrise to sunset.
- Plan your route and inform others of your destination.
- Buddy up: travel with a friend.
- Carry a cell phone so you can communicate and access trail maps.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not use head phones.
- Helmets are required by law for all bicyclists under age 16 and are recommended for everyone.
- Bicycles must follow all traffic laws of the State of Florida and obey all traffic controls and signals (Florida Statutes 316.2065). All users must yield at crossings and intersections.
- Give a clear warning signal when passing.
- Stay to the right except when passing.
- Use the nearest yellow Emergency Response System Marker to pinpoint your location. Call 911 for emergencies. Call 311 for information and to report non-emergency issues.
- Bicyclists, skaters and skateboarders must maintain control and yield to walkers and runners. Using skateboards, bikes and skates on any fixture other than the trail is prohibited.
- Pets must be controlled on a leash no greater than 6 feet. Owners are required to clean up after their pets.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Notice of consent to inspection: Every person entering an Orange County Park, upon request by an enforcement officer shall exhibit the contents of any container. Compliance with such a request is a condition of entry to a Park (Orange County Code Sections 29-56 & 29-57).
- No motorized vehicles except law enforcement, emergency responders and maintenance vehicles. Electric mobility devices are permitted by persons with mobility related disabilities.
- Class 1 and Class 2 electric bikes (e-bikes) may be operated on Orange County paved trails. A Class 1 e-bike is equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the e-bike reaches the speed of 20 miles per hour; a Class 2 e-bike is equipped with a motor that may be used exclusively to propel the e-bike and that ceases to provide assistance when the e-bike reaches the speed of 20 miles per hour. Class 3 e-bikes are prohibited from all Orange County trails; a Class 3 e-bike is equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the e-bike reaches the speed of 28 miles per hour.
- Traveling speeds in excess of 20 miles per hour, or any speeds beyond which a controlled and safe stop cannot be made within 10 feet, are discouraged.
Multi-Use Trail Guidelines
- Bicyclists, skaters and skateboarders must be in control and yield to horseback riders, walkers and runners.
- When meeting horseback riders, slow down and move along side of the trail.
- When passing horses from behind, speak in a normal voice and announce your presence.
- Horseback riders must be in control at all times.
- Horseback riders must yield before crossing a paved trail.
- Stay on open trails and respect private property. Leave no trace and never scare animals.
Bike rentals are available on the West Orange Trail at:
Killarney Station in Oakland
West Orange Trail Bikes and Blades 407-877-0600
17914 SR 438, Winter Garden, FL 34787
Open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Saturday, Sunday and holidays 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Winter Garden Station
Wheelworks 407-877-7433 or Rentals@wgwheelworks.com
455 E. Plant St., Winter Garden, FL 34787
Open Sunday through Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.