Orange County Veteran of the Year
The Mayor’s Orange County Veterans Advisory Council will honor a local veteran who has made significant contributions to Orange County veterans, military members, and their families. The Orange County Veterans Advisory Council’s Veteran of the Year Committee will select one veteran annually for their exceptional service and dedication to veterans and their continued willingness to serve the community. Please review the eligibility criteria included in the nomination form.
To nominate a veteran, please complete the form below.
- The nominee must be a living resident of Orange County, Florida.
- The nominee must have received a discharge with honorable conditions from the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Document the nominee’s significant contributions made at the local, state, and/or national level demonstrated by going above and beyond the call of duty, specifically for volunteer work supporting veterans, the military, and the community.
- The nominee demonstrates leadership, excellence, creativity, and initiative in the community.
- The nominee's volunteer work must have contributed to the advancement of veterans, the military, and their families in Orange County.
- Nominee participates in activities that help promote veterans and their families, enhancing the awareness of veterans and their sacrifice.
- Document significant achievements and accomplishments in the following three (3) areas: volunteer support to veterans, volunteer support to the military and their families, and volunteer support to Orange County.
- List accomplishments and service not to exceed the last ten years.
- Previous Orange County Veterans of the Year are not eligible.