In an effort to work on a measured approach to restarting the local economy from the COVID-19 pandemic, Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings announced the creation of the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force on April 17, 2020.
The Task Force is co- chaired by President & CEO of Visit Orlando, George Aguel, and President & CEO of the Orlando Economic Partnership, Tim Giuliani.The group will focus on recommendations for reopening Orange County, including a phased approach to easing restrictions, while ensuring the safety of employees and the public.
Consumer Confidence Survey Results
The results from the more than 15,000 survey responses are in.
The interactive Insights Workbook allows results to be filtered by zip code, age, gender, ethnicity and the question responses. Please note, this tool will not work with Internet Explorer.
Chairs & Members
- Orlando Economic Partnership, Tim Giuliani, President and CEO
- Visit Orlando, George Aguel, President and CEO
- AdventHealth, Scott Brady, MD, Senior Vice President of Ambulatory Services
- Alfond Inn, Jesse Martinez, General Manager
- Black Business Investment Fund (BBIF), Inez Long, President and CEO
- CareerSource Central Florida Pamela Nabors, President and CEO
- Central Florida Auto Dealers Association, Evelyn Cardenas, CEO
- Church Street Entertainment, Doug Taylor, Managing Partner
- City of Orlando & Orlando Venues, Allen Johnson, Chief Venues Officer
- Curley & Pynn Public Relations, Dan Ward, President
- Darden Restaurants, Dave George, EVP and Chief Operating Officer
- Don Julio’s Mexican Kitchen, Florencio “Larry” Rodriguez, Owner
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Kathy Ramsberger, President & CEO
- Florida Department of Health in Orange County, Raul Pino, MD, Director
- Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association, Keri Burns, Central Florida Regional Director
- Highwoods Properties, Steve Garrity, Vice President
- Hyatt Regency Orlando, Brian Comes, Area Vice President
- J Henry’s Barber Shop, John Henry, Owner
- John Michael Exquisite Weddings & Catering, Michael Thomas, Owner
- Johnny Rivers Grill & Market, Johnny Rivers, Owner
- Kissimmee/Osceola County Chamber of Commerce, John Newstreet, President/CEO
- Lake County Agency for Economic Prosperity, Brandon Matulka, Executive Director
- C. Spa & Nail Spa, Mary Chau, Founder and CEO
- Merlin Entertainment, Adrian Jones, Global New Concepts Development Director
- Mosaic Hair Studio, Mike Van den Abbeel, Salon Owner
- National Entrepreneur Center, Jerry Ross, Executive Director
- Nelson, Mullins/Broad and Cassel, Wayne Rich, Of Council
- Orange County Public Schools, Barbara Jenkins, Ed.D, Superintendent
- Orlando City Soccer Club, Alex Leitao, CEO
- Orlando Health, George Ralls, MD, Medical Chief Quality Officer
- Orlando International Airport, Phil Brown, CEO
- Orlando Magic, Alex Martins, CEO
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater, Douglas Love-Ramos, President
- Prospera, Augusto Sanabria, President and CEO
- Rejoice in the Lord Ministries & President, African American Council of Christian Clergy, Pastor Roderick Zak, CEO
- Rosen Shingle Creek, Dan Giordano, General Manager
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Brad Gilmour, Vice President of Operations
- Seminole County Government, Tricia Johnson, Deputy County Manager/Chief Administrator for Community Relations and Economic Development
- The Mall at Millennia, Steve Jamieson, General Manager
- The Trentham Santiago Group, Conrad Santiago, CFP®, MSFS, Private Wealth Advisor
- The Vineyard Wine Bar & Healthy Bistro, Deborah Linden, Owner
- Truist, Sandy Hostetter, Central Florida Regional President
- UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management, Youcheng Wang, Ph.D., Dean
- Unicorp National Development, Chuck Whittall, President
- United Safety Council, Chris Earl, Director
- Universal Orlando, Rich Costales, Executive Vice President of Resort Operations
- VMD Ventures, LLC, Harold Mills, CEO
- Walmart, Inc., Monesia Brown, Director of Public Affairs and Government Relations
- Walt Disney World Resort, Thomas Mazloum, Senior Vice President, Resort & Transportation Operations
- WaWa, Inc., Todd Souders, Senior Director Florida Operations and New Market Development
- Wyndham Destinations, Frank Goeckel, Senior Vice President, Strategy, Integration, and Acquisitions
- YMCA of Central Florida, Dan Wilcox, President & CEO
The Economic Recovery Task Force was established to develop a phased approach to reopening business in Orange County that balances the need to ensure the protection of employees and the public while preserving the economic livelihood of our community.
Task Force Priorities
- Assist businesses with best practices and data-driven policies to protect the safety of employees & customers upon reopening.
- Support small to mid-sized business as they reopen.
- Develop a framework that ensures businesses are compliant with safety guidelines.
- Revitalize tourism and build visitor confidence.