A Boat or an RV may be stored at a residence, subject to complying with code, and obtaining a permit from the Zoning Division.
County requirements for Boat and RV storage are found in Sec. 38-79(45) of Orange County Code, which can be found here.
Boat and RV Storage permits can be issued to either the property owner, or the lessee of the property.
To obtain a permit for Boat or RV storage at your residence, follow these steps:
Step 1: Provide all required documents:
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for Boat and RV Storage permits
- Complete application for Boat and RV Parking.
- Survey or site plan of the property, showing the proposed location of where the Boat or RV will be stored on site.
- Photograph of the recreational vehicle or boat, and a copy of the vehicle registration.
- If you are not the owner of the property (but lessee), please provide a written letter of authorization, signed by the property owner(s).
Step 2: Submit all required documents to Zoning Division:
- Required documents may be submitted online, via email to Zoning@ocfl.net,via mail, or in person at the Zoning Division Office, located on the first floor at 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801.
Once the Zoning Division has received all required documents and payment, the permit application will be reviewed for compliance with Section 38.79(45) of Orange County Code.
For approved applications, an invoice will be generated and instructions on how to pay online will be emailed to the email address on the application or processed via the check that was submitted. Once the applicant has paid the invoice, the Boat or RV Storage permit shall be issued.
For unapproved applications, the issues preventing approval shall be discussed with the applicant. The application may be amended/corrected or if applicable, the applicant may choose to apply for a variance from the Code requirements.
a) If submitting via email, you will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up for a Fast Track User account to pay online.
b) If applying via mail, please include a check for the required application fee.