We understand that increased demand for liquid oxygen has greatly impacted some water authorities across the state. We are actively monitoring the situation and participating in discussions with Florida’s regional agencies. Although Orange County Utilities customers do not need to take precautions at this time, we will communicate if any additional steps are needed to conserve water.
There are two ways to get connected:
Contact us at least three days before you need service.
About Your Deposit:
- Water-only account: $41 plus a $16 initiation fee during regular business hours ($21 during nonbusiness hours)
- Water and wastewater account: $135 plus a $16 initiation fee during regular business hours ($21 during nonbusiness hours)
- Your deposit earns interest, and the interest earned is applied to your monthly bill.
- Your deposit is credited to your account when the following criteria are met within a 12-month consecutive period:
- No more than two late payments
- No dishonored checks or debit drafts by your bank
- No service interruptions from late payments
- If the deposit is held when you close your account, it and any accrued interest will be applied to the final bill.
- We do not refund initiation fees.
To start new service, please email DevelopTeam@ocfl.net with the following information:
- Company name
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Service address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Letter on company stationery authorizing the individual to open an account or conduct business on behalf of the company
Call (407) 836-5503 for questions regarding service at your commercial location.
About Your Deposit:
- The deposit will be billed on your first monthly billing statement. It will be held for the duration of the account, reviewed yearly for sufficiency, and invoiced for any shortfalls.
Commercial Water Meter Installation:
Call Customer Service at (407) 836-5503 for an installation request or email us.
A late fee of 1.5% of the unpaid balance is assessed after the close of business on the due date of the bill. In order to avoid a late fee, payment must be received and processed into the billing system by the close of business on the due date. Please be timely to avoid this charge.
Any customer who has an outstanding balance for their utility services for 30 days or more shall have service discontinued until all charges are paid in full. The term "all charges" shall include, but not be limited to, past due charges, related service charges, deposits, applicable utility or public service taxes, and current charges.
Restoration of Service After Disconnection
We do not guarantee same day service since work is completed on a first-come, first-served basis. If your service is disconnected and you make a payment, we try our best to restore service the same day or no later than 8:00 p.m. the next business day. For more information, contact us by phone or email.
Let us know your stop date either on the web, by phone (web and phone options for home service only), or in writing. Provide us a forwarding address for your final bill. Request a refund of less than $10 by writing us. Otherwise, we donate your refund to Orange Cares 4 U, a charitable program to offer short-term utility bill assistance for the elderly, medically challenged, or any utility customer with a qualifying emergency.
FOR EXCESSIVE WATER CONSUMPTION
Effective May 8, 2012, the Orange County Board of County Commissioners approved Resolution No. 2012-M-11 titled, “Billing Adjustments For Excessive Water Consumption.” It states in part that all customers with 5/8 x 3/4 inch meters and all residential customers regardless of meter size who experience unusually high water usage with a corresponding spike in their monthly water bill may be considered for a billing adjustment after:
- Completing the appropriate form below and submitting it along with requested documentation to Orange County Utilities within 60 days of the date of the unusually high consumption
Be sure to submit requested items to avoid processing delays
- Investigation and verification by Orange County Utilities staff
Residential Irrigation Meters
It could be to your benefit to install a water irrigation meter if you receive water and wastewater services from us and you have an automated irrigation system; it can reduce your bill by not charging the higher wastewater rate for water used on your lawn.
Apply for a water irrigation meter with this application. After acquiring a plumbing permit, the application can be returned to the Utilities Customer Service Division. If paying by check, deposit the completed application and check in the drive-thru drop box at 9150 Curry Ford Road. If paying by credit card, email the completed application to DevelopTeam@ocfl.net or indicate you’ll be paying by card and deposit the completed application in the drive-thru drop box for follow-up by a customer service representative. Where available, use reclaimed water for irrigation.
Temporary service turn on/turn off
Regular Business Hours – $12.00
Nonbusiness Hours – $17.00
Meter tampering/meter removal
Regular Business Hours – $350.00
Nonbusiness Hours – $361.00
Covered, obscured or inaccessible meters
Rereading meter for customer’s convenience
Distribution Trip Charge
Regular Business Hours – $34.00
Nonbusiness Hours – $51.00
Mandatory Refuse 2022 Service
$250.00 (prorated until applied to property taxes)
Dishonored Credit Card Fee
Returned Check Fees
Checks between $0.00 and $50.00 – $25.00
Checks between $50.01 and $300.00 – $30.00
Checks $300.01 and greater – the greater of $40.00 or 5%