Hours of Operation:
Senior Center: Sunday 1 p.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Park hours: Sunday-Saturday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Phone Number: (407) 254-9070
3800 S Econlockhatchee TRL
Orlando, FL 32829
Points of Interest:
View our CALENDAR of PROGRAMS, CLASSES and EVENTS!
Adult Classes and Programs
- Bingo is held every Thursday afternoon 1:30 - 4 p.m. Bring your own refreshments and a $2 donation, which is used for prizes.
- Cardio Boot Camp includes core conditioning, short distance running, muscular strength, circuit training, sport drills, endurance training and more. Equipment needed: 7- to 10-pound hand weight, mat, water and towels. Classes held Saturdays 7:45 - 8:45 a.m., cost: $10 per person.
- Cardio Dance is a mixture of cardio exercise and
dance put together to promote a great exercise
class, proven to be very effective and fun. Classes held Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:50 - 7:50 p.m., cost: $7 per person.
- Computer Basics and More helps seniors 55 and older learn to use a PC, laptop, tablet, iPhone or Android device; participants are required to bring their own laptop computer or device, depending on the class. Courses vary in length (one to three sessions), with each session running two to three hours; cost: $5 per session.
Beyond the classes, Computer Basics and More offers its students a casual learning environment to practice on related course topics with one-on-one help from coaches. The Computer Lab hours are Mondays 12 – 3 p.m. (closed on holidays). Participants are encouraged to come in to ask questions, solicit help or practice on topics discussed in courses. The Computer Lab is free of charge and available for extended learning and practice for three months from the start date of the last paid course.
- Android Tablet & Phone, version 6 or higher: Thursdays, September 5, 12 & 19, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Organizing Your Computer Files: Fridays, September 13 & 20, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Into to iPad/iPhone: Wednesdays, September 18 & 25, 1 – 3 p.m.
- The Cloud: Friday, September 27, 1 – 3 p.m.
- MAC / Apple Computer Basics: Tuesdays, September 24, October 1 & 8, 1pm-3pm
- Beginners’ Computer - Mouse: Thursday, October 3, 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- Beginners’ Computer - Email & Internet: Thursdays, October 10 & 17, 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- eBay Buying & Selling: Tuesdays, October 15, 22 & 29, 1 – 3 p.m.
- iPad/iPhone Intermediate: Wednesdays, October 16 & 23, 1 – 3 p.m.
- iPad/iPhone Camera and Photo: Wednesdays, November 6 & 13, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Android Tablet & Phone, version 6 or higher: Tuesdays, November 19 & 26 and December 3, 1 – 3 p.m.
- No Lab on Monday, November 25.
- Beginners’ Computer - Mouse: Thursday, December 5, 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- Windows 10 Seminar: Wednesday, December 11, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Beginners’ Computer - Email & Internet: Thursdays, December 12 & 19, 1 – 3:30 p.m.
- The Cloud: Friday, December 20, 1 – 3 p.m.
- No Lab on Monday, December 23.
- Drawing & Art Club is a free class, open to all levels ages 18 and older, on Saturdays 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Bring your own materials; please note that oil painting is not allowed.
- Fitness Room & Strength Equipment Orientation -- held on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 1:45 p.m. -- is required for every gym member (ages 55 and older). Upon commencement of orientation class or 1:55 p.m., we will not be able to accept any more applications after this timeframe. Drivers license or other photo ID is required for age verification, cost: $10 cash (exact amount), Visa or Master Card.
- GEO Fit Seniors is a free aerobics class for ages 55 and older, held on Mondays 11:30 a.m. and Thursdays 11:15 a.m.
- Hawaiian Dance class teaches the hula, which is great exercise, and the added benefit of the history and culture. This program is held on Tuesdays 12 - 1 p.m.; cost: free or donations accepted.
- Jazzercise is a pulse-pounding, beat-pounding fitness program that gets you results, fast! It’s a calorie-torching, hip-swiveling dance party with a hot playlist to distract you from the burn. Program is held on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays 8:50 a.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:50 a.m.; Wednesdays 10:15 a.m.; and Sundays 3:30 p.m. Cost: $43 per month for unlimited classes or $5 per class.
- Karaoke give you a change to sing, have fun and share time with friends! Bring a dish to share with others. This free event is scheduled for October 4, November 1, December 13, January 3, February 7, March 6, April 3, May 1, June 5, July 3, August 7 and September 4, 5 - 9 p.m.
- Line Dancing gets you moving to great music! Classes are offered on Mondays 10:15 - 11:15 a.m., Wednesdays 6 - 7:30 p.m. and Thursdays 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.; cost: free or donations accepted.
- Meditation has many benefits, including reducing stress, improving the immune system, supporting weight loss and improving brain power. This is a free program held on the first Tuesday of each month, 3 - 4 p.m.
- Needles and Threads is time for seniors to get some pointers on knitting, quilting and crocheting or just want to be with others while creating a work of art. This free program is held on Mondays and Thursdays
10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Items needed for beginners include:
- Crochet: G/H size crochet hook and yarn of choice
- Knitting: 9/10 size needle and yarn of choice
- Quilting: needle, thread, scissors and pins
- Your own project to work on
- Prime Time Saturday Night Dance is a social
evening that revolves around dance, with light refreshments provided. Event held on the first Saturday of each month from 7 - 10 p.m.; cost: $12.
- Psychic Experience is a non-judgmental environment
for sharing psychic experiences and learning ways to develop psychic abilities from a woman who has had hundreds of psychic experiences. Learn more about auras, hauntings, clairvoyance, clairaudience, empathic transfer,
remote viewing, clairsentience and more. Classes held Thursdays 6 - 7:30 p.m. and Fridays 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.; cost: free, donations accepted.
- Qigong is a Chinese systems of physical and mental training for health, martial arts and self-enlightenment.
Bring yoga mat and wear comfortable clothes. Classes held Tuesdays 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.; cost: free or donations accepted.
- Speak Better English teaches techniques for advanced and intermediate English. Advanced classes, focusing
on English conversation, are held on Tuesdays 9 - 10:45 a.m., and Intermediate classes, focusing on rules of
grammar, phonics, accents and conversations, are on Thursdays 9 - 9:45 a.m. Cost: free, donations accepted.
- Step Aerobics burns calories and fat while
toning and strengthening muscles. It also stimulates the circulation of blood throughout the body and
reduces blood pressure levels. Program held on Mondays and Wednesdays 4 - 5 p.m.; cost: free, donations accepted.
- Tai Chi is good for one's health and longevity; join in learning the “Eight Brocades” style of Tai Chi on Wednesdays and Fridays 8:45 - 9:45 a.m.; cost: free, donations accepted.
- Texas Hold 'Em is a fun and friendly card game! Cards, table and chips provided, available at 11:30 a.m.; limited to 40 participants. This open recreation is held on Tuesdays and Fridays 11:45 a.m. - 2 p.m.; cost: free.
- Walking With Friends is a free indoor fitness program to get you moving! Join in the fun on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Saturdays 10 a.m., and Sundays 1 p.m.
- Yoga teaches stretching, breathing and meditation
techniques. Yoga mats are provided for those without their own. Program held on Mondays and Wednesdays 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.; cost free, donations accepted.
- Yoga is also offered on Wednesdays 12 - 1 p.m.; cost: free.
- You Can Speak Spanish! No experience with Spanish is needed. Class presented on Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.; cost: free, donations accepted.
- Zumba Fitness is a global lifestyle brand that fuses fitness, entertainment and culture into an exhilarating
dance-fitness sensation! Classes are "fitness-parties" that blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography for a total-body workout that feels like a celebration. Classes held on Mondays and Wednesdays 6:50 - 7:50 p.m.; cost: $5 per person.
- Zumba Gold targets the largest growing segment of
the population: baby boomers. The Zumba formula is modified so the moves and pacing suit the needs of the active older participant, as well as those just starting their journey to a fit and healthy lifestyle. No dance experience required! Classes held on Mondays and Wednesdays 9 - 10 a.m.; cost: $5 per class.
For room rental information, please call our staff or email your request to email@example.com.
To contact the South Econ Recreation Center, call 407-254-9092.