IMPORTANT: Please note that while a rental property’s address may read “Orlando, Florida,” for mailing purposes, such rental property may still actually be located in unincorporated Orange County and therefore would meet the location requirements for this program. To be certain, please use the Address Check locator tool to confirm prior to submitting a program application.
To qualify for rental assistance under this program, the Federal Government requires that a tenant’s household income does not exceed the maximum qualifying income levels shown below:
Maximum Qualifying Annual Income*
* “Maximum Qualifying Annual Income” listed reflects 80 percent of the 2022 Annual Median Income for the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Required Tenant Documents
As part of their application, tenants are required to provide the following:
Proof of Household Income - using one (1) of the following four (4) options:
- Filed Tax Return/s: a copy of the household’s Form 1040 Tax Return for all adult household members as filed with the IRS in 2022 (for 2021) by documenting with a tax filing receipt or a signed submission by a registered 3rd Party Tax Preparer; OR
- Benefits Letter: documentation showing the entire household qualifies for benefits from an income-based federal, state, or local government program that uses federal income limits and the benefits were issued on or after January 1, 2022, i.e. SNAP (food stamps), Medicaid, etc.; OR
- Income for Past 60 Days: verifiable income documentation for the past 60 days for every adult member of the household. Some examples are wage statements, paycheck stubs, unemployment statements, Social Security statements, etc.; OR
- U.S. Census Low-Income Community: Confirm your address is located within a U.S. Census tract identified as a low-moderate income community. Use the ERAP Census Tract Address Lookup to see if your household qualifies to use this option.
Lease: A fully-executed lease with the landlord showing the tenant applicant is listed as the primary tenant responsible (in whole or in part) for making rental payments to the landlord for the residential property in question
Late Notice: A copy of the most recent late notice received from the landlord
Photo ID: A valid, government-issued photo identification with an Orange County address for each adult member of the household
Financial Impact - documented proof of one (1) of the following situations:
- A direct or indirect COVID-19 impact that involuntarily led to a COVID-19-related loss of income or significant increase in expenses for the tenant or an adult household member; OR
- A financial hardship for the tenant or an adult household member directly attributed to and resulted in the household falling behind on the rent due to or during COVID-19; OR
- A rent increase above 10 percent (10%) of the base rent from what is stated on the current lease or for the lease renewal at the same residential address.
Prior Rental Assistance: Documentation of any prior rental assistance received from the State for Florida (OUR Florida Program) or any other local, state and/or federal rental assistance program
Other: Any additional documents requested by the County to determine or confirm eligibility